Thursday, August 21, 2008

Brandon's First Day of Kindergarten

Brandon has been eagerly counting down the days to school on the calendar we made for that purpose and was so excited last night. He did admit to being a bit nervous, but when I told him that all of the kindergarteners were a little nervous because none of them had ever been there before, he said "good point mom so I don't need to be nervous."

Brian took him this morning and Brandon high fived him as he joined his class and never looked back! He bounced off of the bus 8 hours later and loved it! His favorite part was the bus, followed by the school lunch ( why can't I get him to eat carrot sticks and cheese balls?!) and he wanted to know if he could get back on the bus and return for the afternoon class.


Brandon and his teachers



His classroom - the posts are painted as tree trunks, with the ceiling painted to represent the four seasons of changing leaves.




He thought he had just been there for the morning as he had done in preK! Brandon wanted to ride the bus in the morning, but the pickup is an hour before school and as Brian drives past St. Joe's on the way to work at just the time Brandon needs to be there, I don't think he needs to have that long of a day. I also think that drive is a great time for Brian and Brandon to have some extra one on one time. He had a great day, but by the end of soccer practice this evening at 8:30 the kid was ready to hit the pillow! He can't wait to go to school tomorrow was the last thing he said when I tucked him in.

In case you are wondering how the girls occupied themselves today without their big brother (whom they missed alot in the morning and were very excited to look for the bus in the afternoon) they spent a lot of time with Sammy.
Katie quickly adopted the role Brandon usually plays and insisted on pulling the wagon with Lainey, Shelby and Maddie in it when we walked Sammy!

No comments: