Friday, August 15, 2008

It is always amazing to me how much the kids pick up when they observe. I didn't have any kiddos but our three today and by 1:30 I was really sleepy so I decided to take full advantage of just having three kids. I popped The Wizard of Oz in and laid down on the couch. I took a good 45 minute snooze and awoke to find Lainey totally immersed in the movie. Brandon had taken the laundry out of the dryer and put the load from the washer in. Katie was sitting on the floor in the middle of the load of clothing from the dryer, which she had sorted into piles by who it belonged to and then folded or smoothed it out depending on if it needed to be hung or folded! I hadn't asked them to do this or even mentioned the laundry. The dryer is set not to buzz when the cycle is over so they had to actively seek this activity out! Makes me want to nap more often.

No comments: