Monday, September 8, 2008

It's amazing what can happen in ten mintues!

In the 10 short minutes I took to make beds and put laundry away this morning, Lainey found a thick tip black Sharpe and colored her face. She then proceeded to color four HUNDRED return address labels! (I never liked those special ordered labels anyway, sniffle)
After I cleaned her up and sat her down to color at the table, I ran back up to finish with the laundry. During that time, she climbed onto the counter and somehow opened two bottles of craft paint that still had the seals on them! When I found her she had a finger stuck inside each bottle. She hadn't just flipped the tops up, she had unscrewed the caps and removed them!
I decided to take them outside after that.
We were playing in the backyard and all of a sudden I realize she is quietly playing. Uh yeah quiet = bad with Lainey. She had found a pair of scissors (one of the hazards of having a kindergartener in my childproofed home!) and was cutting the mesh ball bag to get a ball out!!
Is it bedtime yet?!?!?
On another note, I had my second OB appointment on Friday. It went well and Brian was able to meet me there which was nice so he could help with the girls. Apparently my um baby bump is slightly well larger than one would expect for 11 weeks. Sigh. The nurse came in to find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler and couldn't find it up by my belly button. She asked how far along I was and when she heard 11 weeks, she said "Oh, I thought you were farther along" and headed about 4 inches south. She still couldn't find the heartbeat so my OB came in and went farther down and found it immediately. Needless to say, there isn't a twin concern this time as I am quite where I should be for 11 weeks. If she had found a HB up by my belly button, I would have freaked out as it shouldn't be up that high until around 20 weeks unless I am gestating more than one!

No comments: