Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Well, it appears we have elected ourselves a new comander in chief. It is interesting to me how people are responding to the results of this election. I sometimes wonder what year people are living in. Frankly I don't care about the color of our leader's skin or their gender. I am more concerned with their ability to lead our country, protect it from terror and improve the perception of the United States in the eyes of the rest of the world.
Both MacCain and Obama would serve the country to the best of their ability; however change in our country is needed and Obama may be best suited to bring about that change.

He certainly has his work cut out for him. Two wars and a failing world economy are quite an inheritance. I think that my favorite part of the entire democratic process is how the country remains united after the election is over, even following such a long drawn out campaign.

No comments: