The kids never cease to amaze me. Brandon has been quite entertaining since beginning kindergarten last month. My little guy, who spoke not a word until he was almost three years old came home on Monday and told me that he was prayer leader for the week. Prayer leaders lead the afternoon prayer in the gymnasium with a microphone in front of the entire school. The leaders are volunteers from the kindergarten class. I asked Brandon how he ended up being selected for this week and he told me no one else raised their hand so he said he would do it. This is the same child who, 6 months ago wouldn't go with a friend's mom through Mickey D's drivethru and come straight back home!
Yesterday he came home and told me I should have been there to see the prayer because he did a really good job. Since he rides the bus, I am not there for afternoon dismissal. I realized I didn't have any babysitting kids today and I could pick him up today and see his prayer. He was so excited. I didn't want to make him nervous so I didn't tell him I was going to bring the camera and I had a friend sit a few chairs over from me and video him so that if Brandon looked at me, which he did, he wouldn't see the camera and get nervous.
Last Friday Brandon came home very excited because he had joined the ABC club. The ABC club is for the kiddos who know all of their letters by sight. His reward was a wagon ride from Mr. Hicks, the principal and a certificate of which he is very proud. His assesment this week shows he is 5 letter sounds away from joining the sound club and getting another wagon ride. The only other thing he needs to work on is tying his shoes so I pulled out my (very) old Emily's How To book from when I was a toddler since it has a shoe in there that he can practice tying. He thinks it's very cool to tie in the book so it shouldn't take him long to catch on.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment