Just when I thought time could pass any faster, school started. Oh my gosh I had no idea what lay ahead in First Grade! I'm not talking about soccer practice or Cub Scouts in the evenings, I'm talking about the homework Brandon has to do first. It isn't that much, usually just a page of math and either reading or learning new sight words each night, but when you think about the time in which we have to accomplish this it gets a bit rushed.
He gets off of the bus around 4:00 and soccer practice starts at 5:30 so in that 1 1/2 hours we have homework, make and eat dinner while babysitting at least two extra kiddos who haven't been picked up yet. It seems crazy to me but Brandon loves it and is obviously learning a lot as he read the directions on his homework to me this afternoon. He is very excited to be starting piano lessons in two weeks. That has been a request from him for two years now so we had placed him on the piano instructor's waiting list and she now has an opening for him. Now we just have to come up with something for him to practice on!

No comments:
Post a Comment