How is it possible that my first baby turned seven today? Fort Hood seems like a lifetime ago but Brandon's infancy seems like it was just yesterday. It's so funny to look at Harrison who is the very image of his big brother and realize that Brandon looked just like Harrison does today seven years ago. From 6 lbs 13 oz to 65 lbs and from 22 inches to 51 inches tall - amazing what 2555 days of life can do.
He wanted a messy art themed party this year. Thank goodness it did not rain that day! 25 kids and messy art are not meant to be indoors! We tie dyed T shirts, painted rock buddies and traced life size outlines of each kiddo so they could color a true to size self portrait. It was said several times that I must be insane.

It really wasn't that crazy. I refer to it as controlled chaos. I think the highlight for Brandon was having his Papa Mike and NanaBo fly in for the party. They've not been able to get to the grocery let alone out of town since having Great Grandma Myrtle move in and Brandon was just ecstatic to have them here.


It really wasn't that crazy. I refer to it as controlled chaos. I think the highlight for Brandon was having his Papa Mike and NanaBo fly in for the party. They've not been able to get to the grocery let alone out of town since having Great Grandma Myrtle move in and Brandon was just ecstatic to have them here.

I made a tie dye t shirt cake that Brandon very thoughtfully pointed out looked more like a tie dyed dress than a t shirt. Hey, when you're feeding 25 kids plus several parents ya need length in the shirt gosh darn it!

It must have been good - there was one piece left. I admit I did make him another cake today as his party was two weeks ago - hey any excuse for cake, right? This time I did a round baseball as Brandon has uttered words I had hoped to NEVER hear "Mommy I like baseball more than soccer." He does seem to enjoy his first baseball season much more than any soccer season so we'll see what happens down the road. For now he is playing both, plus swim lessons and cub scouts.

It must have been good - there was one piece left. I admit I did make him another cake today as his party was two weeks ago - hey any excuse for cake, right? This time I did a round baseball as Brandon has uttered words I had hoped to NEVER hear "Mommy I like baseball more than soccer." He does seem to enjoy his first baseball season much more than any soccer season so we'll see what happens down the road. For now he is playing both, plus swim lessons and cub scouts.

No comments:
Post a Comment