Wednesday, August 8, 2007

An event 30 years in the making...



...and I missed it! Brandon started soccer practice on July 31st and I missed it! I had to stay home as the 95 degree evenings are guaranteed to make my post op nose swell. Brandon had such a good time at practice.
He is playing SAY instructional soccer and is part of the 4 and 5 yr olds Candy Division. Let's just hope the weather cools off a bit soon - we'll all enjoy those games a bit more with temps under 90 degrees!
Brian was amused when he realized he initially went to the wrong practice field. He was looking for kids similar in size to Mr. Brandon and ended up with the 6 and 7 yr olds. He quickly realized his error when the kids started practice and were really good at passing and dribbling. Brandon looks much more at home one field over where the kids all herd together wherever the ball goes.
I ended up taking my own pix of him in his uniform after watching the professionals in action. Have you ever asked a 5 year old to put one foot on the ball and place both hands on that knee? The result is a 5 year old who falls over! After seeing him in that pose, I decided to try my own pix. This is the one I am happiest with.


No comments: