Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's a Boy!

Friday morning brought my long awaited level II ultrasound. Brandon was off of school due to teacher inservice and Brian took the day off so we all went to find out the gender of our new little one. Brian thought it was a girl, but I had this feeling it was a boy. Brandon wanted both of course.
I was very excited to have Rhonda as my ultrasound tech as she did most of the u/s with the girls (most of the 17 we had that time around). Our fourth little one is most certainly a boy. It was apparent even to Brian and me as we got the money shot. Rhonda's "It's a boy" brought a cheer from Brandon, followed closely by a cheer from Katie, who agrees with Brandon on everything. Lainey was just happy to be there with a lollipop.

I was feeling fairly confident about my ability to recognize the anatomy on the screen until I thought I was looking at a face and she said those are the kidneys and the bladder. Oops. Oh well at least I could see the gender correctly.

After I saw Dr. Brenner, my OB, we went to lunch and headed home to start tagging all of our outgrown pink clothing for the twins club sale. By 4:30 I had tagged four overflowing bins of the girls' outgrown stuff and was all loaded up. I had a lot of fun at the member's only presale, buying infant clothing for another boy as well as toys for Brandon , Katie and Lainey.

I am very proud to announce that for the first time I actually sold more than I purchased so the sale actually garnered a profit for me! I am also very happy because all that I brought back home from those 4 big bins was one laundry basket full of clothing. I am now in the process of sorting through all of our boy clothing and packing it up by size in the bins so it will be easy to grab as this little one grows.

Monday morning the girls and I tackled the nursery closet. It has been a catch-all since no one is using it yet and was quite full. My crafty hubby converted my baby swing from Lainey and Katie so that rather than running on 4 D batteries it now can be plugged in!

I'm very excited as we are almost done collecting what we will need for another baby. We still need newborn diapers (we're doing cloth but since our babies start out so small and most cloth start at 7lbs we're doing Swaddlers for NB diapers.) a single stroller and a Baptism outfit. So we're moving along!

No comments: