Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Living In the Projects

No people, we haven't moved out of cow country and into the 'hood. We always have projects going and this weekend we came closer to completing two of them!

We have been looking for just the right set of bunk beds for Katie and Lainey at a good price for months and I found this set of eBay. They are new and we even got free shipping. The girls are ecstatic! I thought there would be a continual struggle for the rights to the top bunk, but apparently I was wrong. Lainey likes to play on the top bed but declared it to be scare-wy in the dark so the top is Katie's. The beds bring us a step closer to having the girls' big kid room complete.
I am quite the picture junkie when it comes to the kids and over the past 7 1/2 years we have acquired quite a collection. My habit has been to display the current 10x13 until the next set is taken and then put it away. I decided I spend a lot of time and effort in preparing for the pictures and I don't want to store all of them out of site. After buying out several local stores inventory of black 10 x 13 frames, I came up with a template traced onto butcher paper (see another use for that 1000 foot roll of paper I bought for Brandon's art party last year!) and Brian hung them up. I still am not finished as I am waiting on the stores to replenish their frame supplies but we are all loving the effect the hung ones have on the upper hall.

No comments: